I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

8 September 2011

Phases

A mild clear night
after a warm day
of genuine Spring.

Down the front steps
I’m accompanied 
by one of my cats.

Our street is quiet,
the three-quarter moon
high in the eastern sky.

Under my arm I carry
a bundle of old papers
for the recycle bin.

Brave Andrew!
He has thrown out
all his student notes.

He is in a waning phase
already, reducing 
his circumference.

My slimming program
is succeeding, but
now my curves grow fuller.

In the moonlit garden
the tomatoes end
and the cacti plump.

Journalling my relationship with the moon: 11

2 comments:

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.