I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

30 September 2011

Always the Writing

Always the writing writhes
to be born and flower,
pushing up through a dark
ceiling of earth.

Always it pounds in my blood
wanting to break on you,
on the reef of your hard body,
explosive as tides crashing.

The writing is rhythms that swell
and will not be gainsaid.
It pushes, burrows, surges, leaps.
Hammers and shrieks.  Weeps.  Begs.

After the blind climax, the ebb
has the panting of  breath,
a giant wave receding.
I am its point of calm.

First published The Nonsense of Living anthology by The Aardvarkers
In Secret Leopard (Paris, Alyscamps Press, 2005) available from Amazon or through www.nissen-wade.com

This is an old one I've resurrected especially for the dVerse Meeting the Bar prompt: write about poetry. See also What I Build and Working (3)

14 comments:

  1. You've done such an excellent job of describing the tricky process of writing here. Even right out of the gate with the writhing of the writing. I think writhing is a perfect word choice for the process. Really enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent feeling of the drive, relentless as an ocean, that moves a writer to write. Excellent. G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked; I am its point of calm...
    Lots of flow happening in this
    piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pulled me through from first to last line.

    I love these lines:

    It pushes, burrows, surges, leaps.
    Hammers and shrieks. Weeps. Begs.

    After the blind climax, the ebb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. I have to say I am happy with this one; I think it succeeds in expressing what I wanted to convey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is exactly how I feel, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice...love the wave imagery....and the sensuality of it...that is just how i feel after i know i have unleashed a verse...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with Brian, my thought was sensual building of this relationship with words. Gorgeous.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for finding me and leaving a comment that brought me to you.
    Your words are lifelines.
    Paraphrasing Ocean Girl, this speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. writing can be like making love with all its wonders, emotions, passion and sensuality...loved this rosemary...a writing orgasm for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great discription of emotions after a good write. I am usually spent. Super write. I enjoyed it much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am its point of calm...my fav line.
    Soothing after the phrase completes
    itself. Accomplishment...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad to have such appreciative readers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my. The ebb and flow of life, of love, of passion... The act of creation with words build and climax just like that. Excellent piece.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.