I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

27 September 2011

Dark Moon

moonlight
rainfall
street lights

grey-blue mist
backlit clouds
not one star

moondark
light rain
street fall

backlit mist
blue-grey clouds
no night star

nightfall
dark street
rain-lit

star-mist dark
light grey-blue
back street night

street rain
light fall
dark moon

Journalling my relationship with the moon: 30


And submitted for dVerse Open Link Night #11

Included in the book, THREE CYCLES OF THE MOON

9 comments:

  1. another moon journal...enjoyed this rosemary...very cool wordplay here...reads smooth like peanut butter with some crunchy pieces crackling on the tongue...hmmm..i like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you Claudia. Your descrpition is poetry too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the way you mixed the same words up throughout the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the repetitive lines.. works so well to convey the dark moon night ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Caty and Heaven. This is a different way of writing for me, so I'm very gad you think it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting minimal poem with emphasis worked throughout with the repetitions of the words. Taking a topic and reworking it is effective for finding your voice and your style. Well done. G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New voice and new style, it seems! :-D Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this style, how you switched the words around, that's so inventive.... Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. John, I didn't start out with that intention. I wrote the first verse, got interrupted, and when I came back to it, after I wrote the second verse, suddenly that was what was there to do with the words. I guess inspiration can happen for form as well as content!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.