I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

10 September 2011

Moon Journey

She is travelling through Aquarius
and her outline is growing.
Her phases, though various,
repeat in a cyclical showing.

Her outline is growing
like a pregnant belly swelling.
They repeat in a cyclical showing,
the phases for our telling.

Her pregnant belly swelling,
she moves into Full Moon.
Her phases, for our telling,
are Maiden. Mother and Crone.

Moving into Full Moon
from bud to flower,
Maiden, Mother, and afterwards Crone
are degrees and kinds of power.

I am past bud and flower.
Through my phases (various)
my degrees and kinds of power,
I am now travelling thoughtful Aquarius.

Journalling my relationship with the moon: 13
Also submitted for dVerse FormForAll: Pantoum

8 comments:

  1. Excellent pantoum - and thank you for linking. I like that you are keeping a moon journal with poems. This is very satisfying in its construction, the shifts in meaning are like the phases of the moon. Liked it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop by to read the comments at the bar at dversepoets.com - I learned a lot from them, myself, this time. I would also direct everyone to read Luke's pantoums. He wrote one two ways. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nicely done...you exposed yourself as well as the moon in this...a cool addition to your journal and well played to the form....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting combination travelling through the moons. Enlightening piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting piece - I like that you played with the form a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. It's a form I enjoy playing with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosemary, very nicely done. I love the form of Pantoum and you did a nice job with it. Thanks for sharing, I'm glad I was able to experience it:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.