I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

30 September 2011

He strokes my hair: September haiku 2011

cold rain
visitor arriving soon
for the sun

2/9/11



blessed boredom
the opposite of
a Chinese curse

7/9/11
(in response to a challenge
to write a ‘boredom’ haiku)



he strokes my hair:  
‘sleep now,
and in the morning ...’

10/9/11



peaceful
blue evening
windless

three-quarter moon
low in the sky
one star

the little street
sleeps
behind curtains

16/9/11



reading your poems
I hear gamelan music
and miss Bali

24/9/11



while I sleep
on the other side of the world
new haiku




   ******

I wake and find
new haiku on facebook
spring blossoms

27/9/11



Friday. Eye test.
Pay bills, shop, urgent phone calls.
Haiku, whats that?

30/9/11

5 comments:

  1. Love these haikus. Especially "on the other side of the world new haiku". Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. These are very clever. I am laughing at the last one, though I liked them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite: the little street
    sleeps
    behind curtains

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.