I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

6 September 2011

Unfamiliar Territory

prognosis 
terminal and soon ...
are you still there?

your fine brain
undervalued
erupts

your brain creates
more and more cells
trying harder

your mind
expands and narrows
the focus

my mind 
fixed on your dying
stops

I do nothing
think
of nothing else

you think 
of those around you
dying or ?

you think
of those who have left
the ward

you are 18
you think of a future
you dreamed

30 Poems in 30 Days: 5, An impossible event

2 comments:

  1. Rosemary,
    Your piece strips a vital, intense experience down to its essence. This piece is tight and direct, sad yet uplifting, strong but vulnerable.
    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/09/06/leaving-a-ring/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim. Years of attempting haiku proved useful for this one! I do think some experiences are so terrible, the facts speak for themselves and don't need embellishment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.