I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

26 April 2015

Hot Pink

When I think pink
it's not pastel but hot,
the deep pink of hibiscus
or raspberries freshly ripe;
it edges into magenta.

When I think pink
it's a blush,
not apple-cheeked rosy, but
the flush of heightened lust,
the glow of sweet release.

Not lolly-pink
but intense —
not pale but passionate,
not soft but seductive,
not girly but femme fatale.

I think of the bright pink
of painted lips,
the dark pink
of that moist cavern
when my lips open.

I think of you.
I think to suffuse you
in deepest pink.
I think you will expand
in ecstasy, I think you'll dance.


 Prompt 25  for 'Poems in April' at 'imaginary garden with real toads' is the word 'pink'.

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh this is such an utterly buttery delicious poem..! Mouth watering imagery! :D
    Loved it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the passionate hot hot pink, wow ~ Thanks for playing along Rosemary & here's wishing you happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot, hot, hot, Rosemary, hot pink!! I like the repetition, each stanza a different descriptor to fine tune your pink. (Or do you have five pinks?).
    This was a fun read. So was your "Generational Adolescence" poem. I don't remember that one and I hadn't left a comment.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking, Jim. :) (That was a real old one i just thought you might like, being of similar generation.)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful passion in that shade of pink. Yes there's a lot of passion in that shade of pink,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. Very vivid and clever. K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the facets of pink you brought and the sound play between think/pink! Love it, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.