I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

22 August 2017

My Garden Gnomes













They carry garden tools
but live in the house.

They have a job to do
and it’s not gardening.
They are my Finder Gnomes.

‘Silly,’ says my friend. ‘They 
aren’t alive. It’s your angels.’ 

All I know is, when I lose 
anything, I ask them.
Then it turns up.


Written for 'The Truth About Gnomes' at Poems of Garden Gnomes. 
Also shared with Poets United's Poetry Pantry #368

27 comments:

  1. I love it. I might need one of those guys to find my mind, some days! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too. Age has it's privileges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need these Finder Gnomes to keep track of my glasses and car keys. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wishing like Sherry too :) A lovely, lovely poem Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So agree with Sherry... need a mind finder gnome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I guess I need these gnomes to find me a job. Love this one, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you could ask your angels directly. I'm told we all have a personal team of them. Couldn't hurt!

      Delete
  7. Think I need one of your gnomes too. I really enjoyed you poem, quite up-lifting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful poem, Rosemary!💖 I must have one of those adorable gnomes too!💖

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all need to be childlike in our actions and our beliefs we enjoy ourselves more this way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me smile. A delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smiling! We all need finders. Mine is my downstair's neighbor. I call her if I am desperate, and she performs magic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK , have a happy Sunday Rosemary

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you (I think) pull out the "know me" inside of "gnome."

    What you did in the last stanza was very clever.

    ~Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get them micro chipped...the gnome thieves are about:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a whimsical, wonderful way to start my Sunday, Rosemary. I may need a gnome-finder one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I agree with indybev's comment.. a whimsical wonderful way to start the day... DelightFULL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I think I need a gnome like that... cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am the finder gnome in our little community...I love these gnomes that live inside your house and find things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need a couple of those helpers in my place! What a fun little poem to make me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok then I need a couple of them :-) Cute!
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fun read! Actually, you might be on to something. A whimsical little 'pause' in your hunt for something lost, may just be the thing to conjure forth a wisp of recall as to where you last saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perspective is a glorious thing, isn't it? I'm sure their tools are magical compasses.

    ReplyDelete
  23. they look mischievous enough to have hidden then in the first place - thanks for the smiles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Angels exist in many forms. I'm no longer Catholic, but have maintained the idea of many Saints. When I lose something I pray to Saint Anthony. He (the energy he represents) never lets me down.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.