I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

30 April 2017

Nonsensical Science

or, I Can't Really Explain Particle-wave Dualism, But ...

Part icicle, part wave,
part way particular,
part way vast,
a participle, a particle,
a weave, a way of
coming apart, or a part 
of the weave, or the wave
of the future, or
part of the past …
let’s waive that part –
it tickles!


For day 30 of April Poetry Month at 'imaginary garden with real toads', we are asked to grapple with physics, specifically: Particle-wave dualism and the photoelectric effect.  Science isn't nonsense, but my grasp of it – well....

19 comments:

  1. This is such an excellent way to handle the challenge... wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so, Bjorn! It was really the only way I could handle it.

      Delete
  2. Oooh this is absolutely delightful, Rosemary ❤️ Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ha...just brilliant...I can just see you at the podium of a BIG Science conference in your witchy wear reading this out to the boffins and then cackling furiously as they look on bemused...wonderfully fun expression.

    S'bin lovely to hang here this month Rosemary.Thanks for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me smile, luv the word play (✿◠‿◠)

    Have a good Sunday


    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this poem! The words themselves seem part wave and particles too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful word play - pure magic in these lines Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great play on words, Rosemary - ticklish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giggle! Well done this April, Rosemary!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you give this last one a light touch. Thank you! I appreciate being on the same Lillypad with you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful and well thought out word play

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is science I can get on board with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nonsuch nonsense is right, Rosemary. It makes me, and some others, smile. Good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this word play. The words are like a line of relatives, related immediate or distantly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha ha...this is brilliant...delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your response to the challenge made me roar. Love the sounds.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.