I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

20 November 2016

Dear Love

Dear love,
when you left me
you did not leave me.

Now I am bound to my house,
where your voice 
murmurs from corners

and sometimes I look up
to catch your face,
your same old smile.

Dear love.



Written in response to The Cross-roads ~ Micro Poetry at 'imaginary garden with real toads'.


14 comments:

  1. Holy moley, that second stanza. Whew. That sucker-punched me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful. And it makes me wish I had stayed in my trailer, where I am sure Pup's spirit stayed when I moved across the road. Sigh. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One seeks solace in many ways. For a loved one or a pet they deserve these remembrances!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love never leaves us... if we keep it in our hearts and minds. Such a lovely bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautifully haunting!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is heart-breaking, Rosemary. I get the sense of the speaker remaining at the crossroad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hard to move on - harder sometimes to move. Bu then again the speaker enjoys the companionship that remains

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart breaking and haunting, yet there is a comfort in the smile staying on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Houses hold human essence like handwriting does.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Comforting to feel a loved one's presence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tear trickles down cheek, blurry eyed typing all the wrong letters - I still hear certain voices from corners but I seem to have brought them with me. Love this, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this reaches right into my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This reminded me of Mcdreamy's death in Grey's anatomy! Very powerful one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, true love doesn't end, even when one partner is departed. I was with you as you wrote this, as were others I'm sure
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.