I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

7 July 2017

The Light Seems Holy

The light seems wholly blue when I look out
from my front door, discovering the day:
a day of starkly brilliant winter sun.
The dark blue mountain range right opposite, 
the vast and shining blue of morning sky,
pervade the street below. 'Thou art the one!'
I sing to Life (for God is Life, we're told).
On such a day, my soul must dance and fly
in sheer delight, pure joy that I was born.
This moment is the whole. This truth I hold:
all's one.


Written for a form challenge at Poetic Asides


13 comments:

  1. Sigh. This is Perfect. I know that joy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such joy! Poems/prayers like this hold the world together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another bright day is blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful prayer...how blessed you are !

    ReplyDelete
  5. All's One..

    How very true, Rosemary. thank you for sharing your vision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!💖 Such a wonderfully poignant prayer in your poem, Rosemary!💖

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel your joy in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can really connect to the oneness in this... I seem to recall Spinoza in this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure joy that I was born... delight and gratitude in the moment..like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful thankfulness Rosemary, if only more of us were thankful we were born to experience life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. On such a day, my soul must dance and fly
    in sheer delight, pure joy that I was born.

    How very true, Rosemary, to be thankful for all of Providence's blessings!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. all the blue shades and the light - does make for a wonderful start of the day! Yes, we are all "one" - now we need to spread the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "All's one". Indeed. Now, if all of us could just remember that...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.