I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

20 July 2016

Sevenling (My Favourite Music)

Nothing made Freya happier
than to snuggle between Andrew and me,
purring all night in deep rhythm.

Later, when Andrew and Freya were gone,
Levi would curl up next to me and purr.
Now he too has left me; they are all gone.

My new cat is wary, and shares the bed silently.


Yes I know, comparisons are odious, and the new cat is gradually getting more trusting and affectionate. (She did purr the other night while sitting on my lap, as I wrote two poems ago.) I love her – and I still miss the others.

A sevenling for dVerse. We were asked to write about music.

16 comments:

  1. our newest cat just slept on the bed all night for the first time the other day. she too has been wary. there is a sadness here rosemary...but also a hope for me that the new little one will fall into that same mold next to you on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gradual journey of trust is both frustrating and exciting!

      Delete
  2. Yes, we do miss our other ones. Since SamCat died last October, I haven't had the heart to replace him. I know of the problems and trials with Selene, but she is coming around. She is different as they all are. I keep hoping she will open herself entirely to you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dunno if i could get used to sleep with a cat next to me but def. think if you're used to it you miss it like your own breath when they're gone..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a cat sleeping in my bed... I can understand the comfort, but I always liked the distance you can keep to a cat....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I hope your newest cat will lose her wariness and become family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people can't imagine sleeping with cats. I can't imagine not doing so, lol. Yet, although I like dogs, the thought of sleeping with one of them on the bed is repugnant, though I know many people do. It's all so subjective, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a dog person but I know it sometimes takes time to build that relationship of trust. I love how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon Selene would find the rhythm Rosemary...this is so poignant and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a delightful sevenling :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful, Rosemary. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I can sleep with cat beside me too but I hope you and cat will settle down and become comfortable with each other. All the best to you and thanks for celebrating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is music in the animals of our lives; some we hear and some we only sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This reminded me of my mom, she lost a couple of cats this year. She has one left that she rescued, but she is timid and doesn't come on the bed yet. She hides when people come over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selene retreats when visitors come, and checks them out for a while. She hides from men, and doesn't emerge at all, which gives me a big clue about her past history. Only she's fine with gay men; it's masculinity that frightens her.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.