I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world,
to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

This blog is not, 'Here are my very best poems'. It's for work in progress, subject to revision.
Posts may be updated without notice at any time. Completed work appears in my books.

22 April 2009

Haiku (April Challenge 21)

Prompt: 1. A haiku. 2. A poem about haiku.

1. A “free” haiku

White noise
and outside the sea
booming.

2. A poem in tanka form, with senryu feel, about haiku

Haiku on Friday (MySpace)

I started the group
so I’d learn to write haiku
from skilled friends who joined.
They are skilled, I’m still learning –
but I’m seen as an expert!

1 comment:

  1. lol, #2, yeah, that happens. Step forward to help a group and suddenly your president, resident expert. it can happen at head-spinning speed.

    I'm getting behind in these prompts.

    a haiku should be doable. and good slow-down practice. I have an hour. let's see...

    ReplyDelete