I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

9 April 2009

It's Always the Same (April Challenge 8)

Prompt: routine.

It’s always the same
and it’s never the same.

At the right time
in the right place

I make the same gestures,
say the same words.

Tonight again
I shall greet the Full Moon

draw down that energy
into my body

use it with intent
for a chosen purpose.

Tonight again
I’ll embrace the Mother

with ritual
with dance

and afterwards kisses
and gratitude.

The details, though,
will differ.

Tonight my purpose
is healing.

Tonight the Moon
is hidden by clouds.

Tonight I’ll be alone
except for the spirits

and at least one
of my cats.

There may be a frog
or a night bird.

There will come a response
which I cannot predict

but the prayers
will not go unanswered.

There is always a pattern.
It’s never routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.