I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

12 April 2009

Everything Depends Upon ... (April Challenge 11)

Prompt: an object. There was reference to William Carlos Williams's "red wheelbarrow" poem, so I couldn't resist getting a bit clever with the title. (I was not alone there!) And yes, I do know it's not the exact quote.

Pretty old, but functional.
I like the screen big and square.

A sticker – purple – says
I’m a “Goddess in Training”.

(Andrew’s old one proclaimed him
“Angel with Attitude.”)

The wide frame also allows for:
Odin with crows and moon, top right;

a tree of papier maché
in the right-hand bottom corner

with the word POET writ large,
a gift from lovely Bob Mud;

instructions on how to do
hyperlinks; a brief prayer;

bank details for online
(purposely left incomplete);

and advice from Chaim Potok,
the angels and Merlin.

Plus two feathers, one blue
and one purple, taped top left.

It sits on a round stand
that swivels. Also it tilts.

The screen’s most often covered
by open windows and tabs.

Behind them are images
full of colour, changing often:

dragons, spiders, a dog I knew,
a robed shaman, a heart-shaped rose….

It’s a Mac, ya know? Not just
a machine, a love object!

4 comments:

  1. gee, and mine just has crumbs and food smears. :)

    I don't have time to blog today but the prompt response I did put up today at #12, one of the first ones in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta. I like it much, specially last verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - a typo somewhere - your haiku on friday sidebar link gets 404.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Fixed now. Glad you found your way there anyhow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.