I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

31 January 2017

Seduction by Quadrille

I dance, even 
when music lulls –
I'm a bubble.

You grin, I melt,
we shimmer.
You twist, I skip.

Green breeze 
spills roses,
as from a jar;
leaves open.

A shadow
clouds our spark. 
Cue: breathe fire!

Old scars curl away –
whispers at dawn.


Written for Quadrille #25, dawn at dVerse – using all the prompt words from Quadrille #1 onwards, in order: dance, lull, bubble, grin, melt, shimmer, twist, skip, green, breeze, spill, rose, jar, leaves, open, shadow, cloud, spark, cue, breath, scar, curl, dawn.

Also linked to Poets United's Poetry Pantry #348



30 comments:

  1. You have added another constraint to the challenge of putting all the words together by requiring that they be in order. Setting a background with a "you" and an "I" helps the reader make sense out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful... It's such fun to use all he words, and I really love where you brought this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly done Rosemary ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing a moment, a dream

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow for using all the words Rosemarie ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very beautiful - and bubbly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, we have to dance even when......!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green breeze
    spills roses,
    as from a jar;..that is a delightful image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old scars curl away –
    whispers at dawn.......... Most enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was beautifully written Rosemary. I particularly loved "Cue: breathe fire!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel properly seduced. You, my witchy lady, have moves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was masterfully crafted using all the prompt words. I feel like dancing :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been dancing with that cat again:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Masterful use of all the prompt words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The visual imagery in this is stunning - lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was very "colorful" and rich with images.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh I love this - especially "Green breeze spills roses, as from a jar; leaves open."

    ReplyDelete
  18. You made all these words dance with a wonderful rhythm. I like the feeling your poem evokes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In a handful of words, you paint a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of my favorite quadrilles to date, Rosemary.

    thejungsofa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful writing ... a wonderfully constructed piece.

    "Cue: breathe fire!

    Old scars curl away –
    whispers at dawn."

    took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Old scars curl away –
    whispers at dawn.

    That is the impact to wish for certainly! And may it sustain for the rest of the day! Wonderful lines Rosemary!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  23. I felt like a bubble on the wind floating everywhere and nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this dance you have created with words,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.