I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

26 April 2011

Tuesday is over: tanka for April 2011

Tuesday is over
in this part of the world
but elsewhere right now
they wake up yesterday
or go to sleep last night

6/4/11


autumn morning
clear blue ranges
in high sun
the peak of Mt Warning
I‘m too old to climb

12/4/11


the small gecko
on the outside of the pane
keeps very still
hunting, doesn’t see me
the other side from his eyes

20/4/11


the singer
in his last interview
on YouTube
discusses his chemo
blowing smoke from his fag

since 15
he played in smoke-filled rooms
wot-the-heck
if you can’t beat ‘em …
it’ll kill you either way

***********

Crows calling.
I’m looking at a picture
of a dead man,
thinking of the many times
I looked at his living face.

26/4/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.