I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

17 April 2011

Missing You

Laurentino mio
I don’t suppose
it could have gone on,
but there’s no-one I can be
as silly with as you.

I miss your brain, I miss
the late night conversations
on msn. The deep discussions,
the nonsense, and the way
we always got so hilariously rude.

Life intruded. Events
took up time. Inevitably
months passed
becoming years.
The long gaps extended.

‘I miss you,’ you messaged
suddenly. After a pause
I replied, ‘I miss you too.’
That was all. Now
you ignore me on Skype and facebook.

I understand. I do it too.
What’s to say?
I’m sure you do miss me
as I miss you, and those times.
But the world and our lives moved on.


Slightly out of order: Day 15 - The person you miss the most


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.