I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

4 April 2011

Oh, Lovely Johnny

(a letter to my crush)

When I first saw you
I was amazed
by your wild hair,
wistful eyes,
and long, long 
snapping fingers.
You were a misfit,
your gentle heart
not understood.

The next encounter
was ten years later.
You had become
a long-haired gypsy,
still outside the norm
but now more self-assured.
Your body language said
you were at ease
with sensual pleasure.

Only four years on
you were a writer,
already well-known.
With all that success,
you remained
a sensitive man,
more at home
with fairy-tales and dreams
than social games.

It wasn’t long before
you turned up drunk
repeatedly. On the wrong
side of the law too —
still the sexiest thing
I ever saw, beneath
that beard and bandanna.
And lately you’ve gone
frankly weird, but still….

Oh Johnny, you are
the handsomest man!
Lovely bloke,
beautiful actor;
I appreciate that.
But mainly I love your looks.
I’m shallow, I know,
but after all you're never
going to get this letter.

Cheat sheet
Subject: Johnny Depp.
Movies:
verse 1 Edward Scissorhands
verse 2 Chocolat
verse 3 Finding Neverland
verse 4 Pirates of the Caribbean and Alice in Wonderland





(Day 2 - Your Crush)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.