I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

31 August 2013

I look up: American sentences Aug. 2013

I look up at the full moon through a cobweb shining from roof to tree. 20/8/13

A dangling leaf begins to turn on its stem: imperceptible breeze.  22/8/13

Not far out of town, the rainforest still edges roads and covers hills.  28/8/13

I pull over, close my eyes, meditate ... falling leaves hit my car, thump. 28/8/13

After the election, Australia boards a train to nowhere.  8/9/13


Submitted Nov. 2013 for dVerse Meeting the Bar: American Sentences

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I would LOVE to be that close to the rainforest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, kiddo. Oy, re the election. Not sure if you are hearing about the buffoonery in eastern Canada. Embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all - they have a sense of immediacy; yet the craft shows as well. These are very precise and the first ones very delicate. The election one is much in the spirit of Ginsberg's idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh nice commentary in that last one...i like the pulling over to meditate and the leaf falling...very cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plead ignorant to the last one ..will look it up..and I like the second one most I think..

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh the moon through the cobweb - what a lovely image... and ugh on not knowing where the journey goes after an election...tough... i'm glad we have ms. merkel for another four years over here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Merkel sounds good!

      Unfortunately I thought I did know what direction the new Govt here would take — and the only surprise is that already it has gone further, faster in that direction than even I could have imagined.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.