I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

2 May 2010

In the morning landscape: haiku for April 2010

I look out and see
a silver car on our lawn.
We need a new car!

Searching for haiku
in the morning landscape,
I have found a sign.

2/4/10


a quiet evening
the house so large and spacious
granddaughters gone home

9/4/10


Ah, warm afternoons
punctuated by birdsong
and humming tractors.

10/4/10


sometimes it’s hard
to be in bed with someone else
comfortably

10/4/10


yes, the new car
is still here in our yard
this morning

(Not a reference to the first above; 
we did get our own 'new' car.)

16/4/10


Volcano

Mother blows her top.
Children, you better listen
or she'll kick you out.

23/4/10


on top of the vine
against a backdrop of trees
one white flower

*******************

dogs bark at the wind
which makes the high branches sway
and ground flowers dance

30/4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.