I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

2 January 2015

More About the Dead Woman

(‘Less is more’)

The dead woman
is watching.

She wants to hang on.

The dead woman
taking long sniffs

lets the heat burst.

The dead woman
sits

without turning.

She dreams
that the rain

is nothing.



Threads:
I wanted to try an erasure poem.
I had discovered that my 'Dead Woman' poem was incomplete, as the form is supposed to include a second piece: 'More About ...'  (So this is the companion piece to the first one.)
I did the erasure on my own original Dead Woman poem, with the idea of saying something new (more) while paring it right down (less).

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fantastic, Rosemary. Went back and refreshed myself as to the first one, which is wonderful, but this one takes us even deeper, is pithier, and really effective. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain only makes us get drowned if we don't put on our raincoats.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.