I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world,
to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')


These poems are works in progress, and may be subject to revision without notice. Completed versions appear in my books. Nevertheless copyright applies to all texts found here.

15 April 2010

Cat Frustration

This cat can’t get close enough to me.
She squats on my bulky handbag
dumped beside my chair — you’d think
it would be too uncomfortable.

When I give signs of noticing her,
she miaows piteously.
One night she climbed right up
on to my desk, before
I stopped her sitting on my laptop.

When I go to bed, she takes
a running jump (literally)
to arrive beside me, where
she purrs and purrs and purrs but won’t settle.

NaPoWriMo Day 15

4 comments:

  1. I miss my frustrating kitty! M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but she's closer now than she once was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that cat sure is cute and funny~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, she sure is! :) Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete