I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

12 April 2010

Evening in Tulipwood

The rain comes down hard
and sudden with thunder

the heat unravels me
I begin to blur at the edges

he has draped purple orchids
along the top of the window

I am looking for sunset
wanting it to flame fierce

between the two of us
are cords and tangles

dusk grows dimmer
and my eyelids droop

he is lying down already
his silence invites me

the rain dwindles
and the heat abates

shadows begin to play
along the far horizon

sound has all but ceased
and the light intensifies

Rosemary watches the day
blaze before it dies.


NaPoWriMo Day 12

2 comments:

  1. I love that switch to 3rd person at the end. It's so... laden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you think so. Another friend found it puzzling. I was contemplating changing the rest to 3rd person until I read your comment. Now I'll leave it as is.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.