I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

28 September 2016

Perspectives

closing the doors 
from house to garden –
smell of new paint

nervous cat
under my chair –
saws whining

radio next door
cheerful loud voices –
advertisement

my prick-eared cat sits alert –
I fall asleep in the sun


Linking this to Poets United's Poetry Pantry #323


19 comments:

  1. I think I see the perspetives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, we all need a 'prick-eared cat,' I think to be on guard at those times we fall asleep. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting new changes inside. And wonderful, falling asleep in the Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to catch a nap in the middle of all the noise and activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was movement at the station...lots of activity by the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you are comfortable with the sound but the cat is not. He will sit on you and fall asleep as soon as they are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. if kitty is keeping watch it is safe to snooze away a sunny afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very once well measured piece, Rosemary. I like what you conjure here... With Best Wishes Scott

    ReplyDelete
  9. You paint such a wonderful and serene image 💖 Beautifully executed.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  10. A soothing nap despite all the ads thingy and with kitty kat napping too, how peaceful must be the feeling!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to nap in the sun, as the noises fade in the background

    ReplyDelete
  12. To fall asleep like that sounds like the best of things.. somehow the noises become like music

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great slice of life. I can see and hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great falling asleep in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. really loving your haiku sonnets, i have tried writing in the style.

    Have a good Sunday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all these little vignettes of life.
    each one tells a mundane slice of life, and it is the sum of these little ordinary images that make the poem interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The smell of new paint is unforgettable. Just your words awakened the scent in my nostrils!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely and "homey" - for a condo dweller (sigh) a - wistful - delight to read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.