I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

30 January 2011

The heat revs up: tanka/gogyohka January 2011

I sit up in bed
with Spouse and laptop;
grandson
in the kitchen:
French toast for breakfast.

1/1/11


The heat revs up
as the morning brightens.
What time today
will humid rains kick in?
Summer at full throttle.

4/1/11


Half-empty town.
Staccato rain attacks
the roof of my car,
gutters run full and fast.
I leave gladly.

12/1/11


One evening
I sense a tall presence,
maybe a friend
seeking reassurance?
Thereafter, a deep peace.

***********************

Our comfortable bed
looks out on a walled garden.
Unseen neighbours
provide tall trees and vines
for deeper enchantment.

26/1/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.