I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

17 May 2017

Taste of Nature – tan renga

taste of nature–
sweet blackberry bushes
sing to child and bees                           © Sara McNulty

the hum of pleasure deepens
through the sunny afternoon                 © Rosemary Nissen-Wade

or:

the tart-sweet juices spread,
reddening mouths and fingers               © Rosemary Nissen-Wade


For Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge 2017 #11

And linking to Poet s United's Poetry Pantry #354

27 comments:

  1. I love both completions, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignite my memory of taking my kids to the fields...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both, but in your first completion I see more the nature of what was started in the hokku. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One leads you to the hot drone of summer, the other to a reprieve. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either way works for me, since I love picking wild blackberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious poems. I adore blackberries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could read poems about eating blackberries all day long. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prefer the second one, as it brings back memories, as a child, eating berries, from wild canes, in my opa's woodlot, and at my parent's cottage, getting covered in burrs and picking them off, afterwards, by the campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blackberries always remind me of my Grandmother. We would go to pick blackberries, and there would always be a snake there in the blackberry patch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, when that hum of pleasure deepens.....those are the most delicious afternoons of all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made me think of the wild blackberries of Oregon ... and blackberry pie! Thanks for that, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both renga, enjoyed you participating in tan renga.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tart-sweet juice!❤️ Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The second one reminds me of home... years and years and years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an enchanting poetic process ... and an introduction - for me - to tan renga. Thanks for this, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, now you have me hungry...with your delectable writing of food!! Delicious poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made and interesting form work very well.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Recently, I painted some beautiful blossoms of our blackberry bush. Yesterday, I picked some delicious blackberries. So, your words have special meaning to me. Both endings are dear.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These poems took me back to my childhood, finding blackberries, gorging on them and coming home with mouth and fingers stained and sticky. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful poetic conversation

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like both very much, but the second one appeals to me personally, because it brings up memories of berry picking afternoons with my children.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.