I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world,
to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

31 January 2017

Seduction by Quadrille

I dance, even 
when music lulls –
I'm a bubble.

You grin, I melt,
we shimmer.
You twist, I skip.

Green breeze 
spills roses,
as from a jar;
leaves open.

A shadow
clouds our spark. 
Cue: breathe fire!

Old scars curl away –
whispers at dawn.


Written for Quadrille #25, dawn at dVerse – using all the prompt words from Quadrille #1-25, in order.


6 comments:

  1. You have added another constraint to the challenge of putting all the words together by requiring that they be in order. Setting a background with a "you" and an "I" helps the reader make sense out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful... It's such fun to use all he words, and I really love where you brought this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly done Rosemary ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing a moment, a dream

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow for using all the words Rosemarie ~

    ReplyDelete