I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

21 May 2016

Is the Etheree

Is
ether-
ee ether-
eal? Is the
etheree, eh, is
it really ethere-
al, all of it, really, or
is it merely a light fantas-
tic melody, lovely and summer-
y, highly incorporeal, eh, eh? 

Is the etheree ethereal, real-
ly? The etheree? Is it then real-
ly ghostly? Ghastly ghostly, or
merely unreal, the ether-
ree – the unreasonab-
ly, ethereal-
ly etheric-
al ether-
ee, eh-
hey?












Having tried an end-stopped etheree for dVersehere now is a completely enjambed one. And having aimed for coherence last time, here is nonsense. (I chose the photo for suggesting both ethereality and summer.)



11 comments:

  1. Actuall the enjambment worked so well, and even non-substance can have form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these questions and only one answer, Rosemary. Yes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this :D such an innovative response to the prompt :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I got dizzy trying to read this aloud ~ I enjoyed the playful verses anyway ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and creative, Rosemary. Smiling till my face hurts. Wish I had had this when writing the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok..I'm going to go with.....uh.....yes!
    Are you making fun of our etherees? Hehehe..nah,this was a fun read and I love "summerly".

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must have been great fun to write. I am in awe of your mental powers, my friend. This much cleverness is beyond me. Hee hee. I so loved reading it, and admiring. (This comment reminds me of this morning when a store clerk asked for my email address and I, light-headed, dizzy, hobbling, told her "wildwoman",(she was careful not to break right out in snickers), then I added, "not very wild any more. But we can dream!" LOL. My hair is still wild, at any rate.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. e
    tHeR
    EAlit
    Y ReaL
    iS aLL i
    NeeD to kNow..:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.