I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

23 May 2016

Dark Night, Full Moon

A small full moon, high
in a blackly cloud-covered,
almost starless sky.

Only one point of light,
Mars, is visible with her –
bold, warm and bright.

It is enough. There is peace
inside the womb-dark,
a soft release.

The night makes no sound.
I enter sacred space.
The circle folds me round.















(But I couldn't get a good one that included Mars.)

Linked to Gillena's Monday WRites and to the Tuesday Platform for 24 May 2016 at 'imaginary garden with real toads'.

9 comments:

  1. I love the peaceful feeling in this poem, the embrace of the womb-dark - and love the sacred space and the circle folding you round in the closing stanza. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked at this months full moon. Happy it brought you this peace

    Thank you for linking to Monday WRites Rosemary

    uch love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The night makes no sound.
    I enter sacred space." I've felt this before looking at the night sky. Reverence and awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a nice feeling being alone with the Moon, you put me there again. This is a special Mars time, the Earth has distorted (??) the Sun's rays in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Rosemary. I also stopped to look at the full moon and Mars this last weekend, and wondered if anyone else had noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot watch a dark sky at the moment.. the sun sets too late and rises to early... but I do like the bold Mars beside the bright moon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such power and beauty, Rosemary! I can feel the soothing touch of the dark, Mars reminding all that even in the thickest darkness there is light to be found, and your poetic voice showing us the way... Just yummy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I watch the night sky and the moon, it is enough! I can feel the peace and intimacy in this piece.

    On another note, I just posted a poem called "Enough" today. A word with so many connotations.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.