I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

2 December 2015

Bits and Pieces

Some micropoems from my files, which it seems I haven't posted here before (arranged in alphabetical order by name of form, not by date of writing) –


Erotic haiku:

our soapy hands
as we shower together
slip and slide

1/8/15


he bends his head
I stand on tiptoe
our first kiss


3/8/15

(No need for curiosity, dear readers; there's no-one new. I write my erotica these days from memory and imagination.)


Gogyoshi:

so many clouds
plump and round
and apparently rollicking
over their big blue meadow —
kids in a playground


2/8/15


Senryu:

cold morning 
waking to back pain
and cat on bed

21/8/15


aqua-aerobics
I float in warm water
emerge wiped out


23/10/15


Tanka:

the rain stops
the stars are still dark
blanked out
the night’s loud silence
pierces like a scream

7/5/14


Even with 
the toy teddy bear 
beside me,
I fail to sleep –
until I clasp it.

18/8/15


on holiday
I begin to lose me
in the new
until this morning
I make a poem – ah!

25/8/15


I reach up
pull off and crush
a thin leaf
inhale the tang
of eucalyptus 

we do this 
starting in childhood
we Aussies
instinctively
breathing in home

26/8/15


like water
the light slants down
pouring
like silver rain
on your shining face

7/10/15



Tilus:

long grief, then all at once
I reclaim

me

9/6/14


the small cold days come down
I winter

lone

12/6/14


Linking to the Tuesday Platform for 1 Dec 2015 at 'imaginary garden with real toads'

13 comments:

  1. Micro poetry despite the lack of number of words are big in meaning and intentions. One thinks hard to create them. One draws on experience and knowledge rather than flowery language. You've done it very well here, Rosemary!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious set of poems... They are like little gems, I especially like the children the playground, like a conceit they become a sunshine on the darkest of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh these are amazing! They are a poetic treat sparking the imagination from sensual to smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Fresh for morning as I read, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All wonderful, Rosemary - I like the Gogyoshi best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice poems Rosemary, like the Tanka about the teddy bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like the tanka written on the 7th May 2014 the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all nice, Rosemary. I couldn't pick just one as a fave. So, this one:
    cold morning
    waking to back pain
    and cat on bed
    Reminded me of all the baby pigs who die, squashed by their mamas rolling over in their sleep. Cats too by their owners I suppose. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuk! What a horrible thought! My cats had enough sense to sleep down near my feet (above the blankets) or up near my head. (Besides, I'm not THAT fat. :-D )

      Delete
  9. These are lovely poetry bon-bons - sweet and small. I am very fond of the erotic haiku!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.