I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

8 December 2015

But it's Good

But it's good to have these times
when you come and sit beside me
as if alive – the same questioning smile,
the slightly wicked glint in your eyes –
when I park in a spot that holds
particular memories, of some past
and probably unimportant incident
(in the larger scheme of things) 
… but nothing's more important.



Written for Flash 55 Plus at 'imaginary garden with real toads' (55 words, plus the idea of two, in this case two people)

12 comments:

  1. Love this one, succinct, soft, sensitive. And describing a condition of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely--very poignant--an overused word, but true here. Thanks. k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can SEE him, with his slightly wicked smile, as he comes to sit beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most vivid of memories when you can sit beside him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like sitting with a memory. It keeps love close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and warm, and I think, comfortingly true. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply lovely, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, and it is true that it 'describes a condition of happiness'. I am interested, though, that no-one picked up on the opening 'But'. Perhaps I should re-title it, 'After Weeping'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... I got it right away. Indeed, that special place, spot to remember that "wicked" smile. Definitely pulled at my heart strings. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, thanks Margaret! I'm glad I didn't understate too much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.