I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

28 October 2015

Leaps of Thought


His is a young mind.
It goes jump, jump, jump, very fast.
Mine is much older. It goes,
‘Hang on, let me take some time.
I need a run-up
to clear this hurdle.’

The surprising part
is that we manage to meet
in the middle somewhere,
ending up at the very same point.
There are ways
we do think alike.


Written for Poets United's Midweek Motif: Animation
Inspired by interaction with Surrogate Grandson.

18 comments:

  1. Haha! How I love the directness of the minds speaking, of the physical movement I feel in the meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I so relate!!!!! I love this! Same goes for the little kids I look after - they think my sillyness is hilarious........................sort of a level playing field, at this stage of my life, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opposites do attract they say. "Vive la difference"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - the young and the old may seem different but are similar in more ways than one :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful when that meeting happens isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great minds meeting in the middle - the perfect combination of youth and experience maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautifully written! This poem was a sheer delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww. I love this! Meeting in the middle is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very true...there is a definite difference in the way an animated young mind works! Enjoy your time with grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got back from a visit with my grandkids. What you write is so true, we do animate each other and meet in the middle somewhere. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the concept of a "run up to the hurdle." I've always needed that I think, even young.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eventually we end up at the same place though we get there in different ways. Love the mind going jump jump jump. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A generation gap is only a description. If two can synchronize and relate to each other better it may transcend the difference in age and can just work

    Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can definitely relate to this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...it's easy to relate to this, Rosemary! Thank goodness...the mind meets after a pause! Smiles...
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is truly cute. Its nice having a little one around because it keeps you feeling young, or old, depends on your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is wonderfully animated adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Meeting at the midpoint is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.