I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

1 November 2010

rain, rain, rain ... October tanka/gogyohka 2010

‘Black snow’ again,
a sudden attack
out of nowhere.
Shut the car window!
They’re burning the cane.

4/10/10


rain rain rain
the paddocks are lakes
the creeks overflow
I drive in the dark
on a narrowed road

12/10/11


The day so far


Take man for blood test,
walk briskly by river bank,
trip and nearly fall,
write and mail urgent letter,
forget to create tanka....

19/10/10


in the sky
there are many dragons
but they hide
they pretend to be clouds
angels do that too

21/10/10


I’m lying in bed
reading a tale of dragons.
I must get up, must
put the cacti back outside:
daylight-safe from gekko bites.

******************

Spring morning.
The promise of cool showers.
A few warm moments
fire our anticipation
of long, hot days. Come, Summer!

26/10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.