I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

1 October 2009

Dark sky: haiku for September 2009

1/9/09

A dark sky;
here and there
clouds thicken

*****************

Listen – next door’s violent music.
Earlier a walk by the peaceful creek.
Now the day turns dark.

(word count haiku)


4/9/09

Repco Rally Australia

Police and firemen
all over town: car rally
supposed to be fun.

The birds are restless.
Both coucal and brush turkey
rush about madly.

Painted, numbered cars
arrive for days of roaring
through fragile wetlands.


11/9/09

September sunshine.
From the dull bromeliads
red leaves, purple blooms.


***************************
  
9/11

No-one can forget
that horror already old
and forever new

so I turn my head
focus in on my garden
small fragment of peace


18/9/09

a bright fresh morning
the creeper climbing the palm
has shiny new leaves

*****************

golden girl Mary
leaves Peter Paul and us all
departing solo


25/9/09

a sky full of dust
thickening in the nostrils
and nowhere to run


26/9/09

dust returned today
less red, less thick, less fearful
we grow accustomed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.