I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

22 April 2008

A Day for Love Poems, But

April Challenge 20: Write a love poem with capital-L. Not the greatest timing for me!

It was a day for writing love poems, but
I was too busy
praying for peace and weeping

asking the Great Mother
to take and resolve my dilemmas
with husband and son

defending family members
one from another
and keeping my own place with all

a day for being romantic but
I was helping one rehearse a talk for tomorrow
listening to another's daily dreams

and looking at a photo of my dead cousin
smiling as only she could
radiant in spite of pain

and somewhere behind my mind
I was asking how one might journey
to become pure spirit, an orb of light.


© Rosemary Nissen-Wade 2008


22/4/08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.