I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

25 April 2008

Sunlight suddenly: haiku and things for April 2008

4/4/08:

On the empty beach
a single line of footprints.
Now the sky darkens.


11/4/08:

Morning is sudden.
Floods of sunshine fill the room.
There's no sound of rain.


18/4/08:

After the rain-storm
a forest of tiny birds
singing and singing.


25/4/08:

The sea eagle dives
repeatedly after prey
straight, swift and sudden.

**************************

Through forests and crags
we drive and drive the steep bends
to the mountain top.

From Mt Tamborine
the Gold Coast is just a line
of tall, spindly sticks.

Sunlight suddenly
breaks through the trees on the hill
just for a moment.


© Rosemary Nissen-Wade 2008

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary,

    Enjoying your blog!

    I've really felt I was travelling with you.

    all my very best,

    Alan
    Less than a month to the deadline!
    The With Words International Online Haiku Competition 2008

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alan, sorry I missed this comment earlier! Now I'll have to hurry up with my submission, and so will anyone else who sees this in time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.