I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

1 February 2016

The New Cat



















Her back,
a slim violin,
moves before I get the photo.
But I caught
her front view – those long white whiskers
against the over-all black:
stylish!


(The poetic form is the Cameo, which is syllabic:
lines of 2, 5, 8, 3, 8, 7, 2 syllables in turn.)

Linking to the latest Tuesday Platform at 'imaginary garden with real toads'.

Photo © Angela Junor 2016. All rights reserved.

20 comments:

  1. white whiskered witches wisdomkeeper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tres elegante! Here's to all the companion music to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are half animal, half liquid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. her back..a slim violin.. love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. impressive whiskers! you've captured a moment with your words and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! The perfect portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and sleek, like your cat. I have the same difficulties with my dog and my children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stylish and elegant being all black. Appearing to be in formal attire!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the style of that lady.. a wonderful feline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially like "her back, a slim violin".......

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you got a black cat. Those are over-looked because of superstition and all

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is SO stylish! So challenging to capture them in photos. Hope it's going well over there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can relate to those white whiskers. my mustache has transitioned to a gray-white even though my hair is mostly still black. the longevity of the black in my hair must be because of my mexican indian heritage.

    gracias

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cat is definitely stylin' as is your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cat.. I love "Her back, a slim violin."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.