I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

20 February 2013

Two Fibs


Grass Grows

Grass
grows
I can't
believe it.
Grass grows, and I smile,
my mouth lipsticked in pretty pink.
It is already five months since you died and left me.
Life goes on, as we're told. Even I go on, into a morning of birdsong and grass.



The Solitary Life

I
am
sitting here
filing my nails
and simultaneously reading my computer.
It's a wet day outside; there's a hum of white noise around me.
The cats curl on the bed, my coffee is at my elbow, I'm warm. The solitary life, too,  can be cosy.


In response to a prompt from Verse First, at Poets United.


Adapted from Wiipedia:

In mathematics, the Fibonacci numbers or Fibonacci series or Fibonacci sequence are the numbers in the following integer sequence: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21, etc. or 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21, etc. By definition, the first two numbers in the Fibonacci sequence are 0 and 1 (or 1 and 1) and each subsequent number is the sum of the previous two.



In the above poems, the first works on syllable count, the second on word count.



Fibonacci poems are also known as fibs. And I like to pun.


17 comments:

  1. Two very fine "fibs." Enjoyed them both, particularly the first one. Yes, indeed, sometimes it is amazing that one does find a way to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked these, even though they speak of sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine your super sweet pretty pink lipsticked smile :) Lovely, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, Rosemary. I am glad you find some comfort and contentment, after being through so much loss. You encourage and inspire us with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written. The first is moving and there is an element of surprisr within it. Nicely done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you see the green grass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Filing my nails, i end up biting mine! very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosemary, you never cease to amaze me. Living in the moment and conveying your experiences simultaneous although disparate. This is life, isn't it? You capture it so well. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you can sink in fibs and at the same time they keep you afloat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks to you all for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grass: and the growing goes on, oblivious.
    Time seems cruel in its detachment.
    Still, it is healing too, in part at least.
    Your poetry helps, a little, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poetry does help. I keep wondering how people who aren't poets cope with such experiences!

      Delete
  12. I love the way these evolve,it really captures the feel of the sequence

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosemary,

    You wove such tales with both fibs:) I really wanted to keep on reading more and more!!!
    Very enjoyable,
    Eileen:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 Fibs, the clue to the reality. Which are the fibs? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful, Rosemary. Both are lovely, soft poems.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.