insanebloom, kindly awarded me this, weeks ago. Time I passed it on! The rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
The dilemma is, with so many wonderful blogging poets, how do I choose? And surely those I admire will have received it already? Also I don't want to double up on those I already gave the Stylish Blogger award, even though they deserve it. (That one I posted on another blog, to leave this for poems. This time I'm including the award here, thinking that more readers of poetry are likely to find it here.)
But before I list my chosen poets, I am supposed to reveal seven things about myself — things, I suppose, that you might not otherwise know or guess. (So the fact that I have cats wouldn't count, as anyone who reads my poems will find that out sooner or later.) Hmmm ...
Random facts about me:
(I don't promise they'll be interesting)
1. I have never had my appendix out.
2. When I was 15 I acquired two stepbrothers, both named Bill (i.e. both my parents remarried and each of their new spouses had a son called Bill).
3. Summer always takes me by surprise, in that I never quite get with the insect repellant in time to stop those first mosquito bites.
4. Everyone thinks my favorite colour is purple. I do love it, and love to wear it, but my real favourite colour to gaze upon is deep blue.
5. At university, I used to get Honours marks in (some) Philosophy subjects even though I was only doing a Pass degree.
6. I was a timid child and a shy, awkward teen. (No-one believes this, in the face of my adult outrageousness.)
7. Yes, I do know my fashion sense is eccentric. I like it, OK!
Here are my nominees for this award, with links to their blogs:
Some of these poems are autobiographical, some are entirely fictional, and some are a mixture of both. The intention is art rather than self-expression. I don't allow factual details to get in the way of poetry! (I do seek emotional truth.)
They are works in progress, and may be subject to revision without notice. Completed versions appear in my books. Nevertheless copyright applies to all texts found here.
Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your posts as much as possible.