insanebloom, kindly awarded me this, weeks ago. Time I passed it on! The rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
The dilemma is, with so many wonderful blogging poets, how do I choose? And surely those I admire will have received it already? Also I don't want to double up on those I already gave the Stylish Blogger award, even though they deserve it. (That one I posted on another blog, to leave this for poems. This time I'm including the award here, thinking that more readers of poetry are likely to find it here.)
But before I list my chosen poets, I am supposed to reveal seven things about myself — things, I suppose, that you might not otherwise know or guess. (So the fact that I have cats wouldn't count, as anyone who reads my poems will find that out sooner or later.) Hmmm ...
Random facts about me:
(I don't promise they'll be interesting)
1. I have never had my appendix out.
2. When I was 15 I acquired two stepbrothers, both named Bill (i.e. both my parents remarried and each of their new spouses had a son called Bill).
3. Summer always takes me by surprise, in that I never quite get with the insect repellant in time to stop those first mosquito bites.
4. Everyone thinks my favorite colour is purple. I do love it, and love to wear it, but my real favourite colour to gaze upon is deep blue.
5. At university, I used to get Honours marks in (some) Philosophy subjects even though I was only doing a Pass degree.
6. I was a timid child and a shy, awkward teen. (No-one believes this, in the face of my adult outrageousness.)
7. Yes, I do know my fashion sense is eccentric. I like it, OK!
Here are my nominees for this award, with links to their blogs:
Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your posts as much as possible.