I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

23 July 2010

Silent song in the mind: June Lunes 2010

Reposted from The Passionate Crone blog

Purring pussycat
all night long
she sleeps in my arms.

29/5/10


On our verandah
butcher bird
sings to greet the sun.

4/6/10


She goes away,
wanders back for a look.
Already it’s changed.

5/6/10


Went to town.
There was Patsy walking around
in the sun.

7/6/10


In his photos
I notice the sad eyes,
wish I didn’t.

8/6/10


My favourite mountain —
I see it every day:
my father’s painting.

10/6/10


Wakeful all night long
I remembered
my very first love.

12/6/10



Warm winter sunlight.
We lunch with old friends,
drive home replete.

12/6/10


Confessions

Wining and dining.
In my youth
it was a prelude.

Now that I am old
food and wine
are ends in themselves.

********************

He’s away tonight.
I buy chocolates, and snuggle
with my cats.

15/6/10


Silent song in the mind
creates a crescendo:
internal music needing no instrument.

23/6/10


Funeral

Will there be roses
tomorrow?
She loved them in life.

24/6/10


The city of Perth
today hosts
farewells and haiku.

25/6/10

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful 'ku! Very expressive. I was there with you, within each of your "haiku moments" as the Japanese say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to get feedback. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.