I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

31 July 2011

Quietly Surprising


(Found poem: Cryptic crossword clues)

One enters 
very quietly
the final conduit
quiet knock 
Len returning
with bits of broken shell
nice to come back
into quiet, first-rate court area
the French shelter
outside the open atrium
with a kind of concealed energy
the boy it brings back
makes hand signals in water surges
surprising boy dancer 
a pro, he is faultless.

11 comments:

  1. nice..this flows from image to image very well...he is faultless...this is a very serene moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this feels like a dance for me...quiet steps...the gathering of energy...a certain "holiness" - very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful inspiration--I'm awful at crosswords, but I often find their oddly phrased smug questions irresistible and ponder over them in frustrated impotence. Much better to make a poem of them, and this poem is exceptionally adroit at arranging them into some excellent verse. I love particularly "the final conduit," and "the boy it brings back"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clues I took from this one were particularly intriguing — and yes, the poem was instead of continuing to wrestle in vain with the crossword! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mystery, and the sense of discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello rosemary, what a genius way to make a poem. each imagery is clear but one still cannot see (that is me with most poems), and the last line is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, and thank you. Yes, I like 'found poems' when I am lucky enough to find them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am imagining wonderful croissants and cafe in that French court. Am I correct?

    Interesting poem. I am always amazed at how fluid and inviting different combinations of words can be.

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Jannie, I can't tell you because I didn't solve the clues, lol.

    I'm glad you like what I did with them instead.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.