I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

16 October 2010

Aura Drawing

I am sitting with Letitia in my consulting room
drawing a picture of her as an angel.

I am hovering in a different dimension,
talking to Letitia’s Higher Self.

The angel has soft purple wings
of rippling feathers, lit with magenta and orange.

Gradually every colour in the rainbow
is included. I write her name in deep Ming blue

inside the space that represents her heart.
It means that she communicates love and peace.

My own name I sign, as always, in purple. I like purple.
I come into my body to choose the exact shade.

I have been floating in space above my head
and talking to Letitia from that space.

I have been sitting in my chair in my room, my fingers
selecting the pencils, my voice clear.

We rise and go into the house. I get coffee.
She rolls up her picture, for the journey home in the car.

You should stay with us here, says Andrew.
You should stay with us 24/7.

What would I do with my life? she says. I can’t do that.
But I can be with you in spirit 24/7, and I will.


30 Poems in 30 Days, 2010: 28
Prompt: A poem that uses two or more different settings / locations.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. This is a healing poem. I'm going to share it with my mum. We lost Dad and a half ago and she's having a tough time of it. Thank you, peace,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane. I'm glad you understand the poem so well, and I hope it helps your mum. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.