I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world,
to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

This blog is not, 'Here are my very best poems'. It's for work in progress, subject to revision.
Posts may be updated without notice at any time. Completed work appears in my books.

28 March 2010

Early morning damp: haiku for March 2010

early morning damp
a statue with dismal face
alone in the grass

5/3/10


overcast morning
a small moth cruises the weeds
by the draggled rose

12/3/10


the sun breaking through
lights up my small walled garden
just as I look out

19/3/10


the sunlight picks out
among the leaves a bright bird
startled eye glaring

20/3/10


the wind is dancing
through his fingers on guitar
moaning through his voice

26/3/10

1 comment:

  1. Nice haiku! Well-crafted. I'm really enjoying the big picture you paint with your 5-7-5!

    ReplyDelete