I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

30 September 2014

Our Shadows: Erotic haiku September 2014

our shadows
cast by the lantern
rise and fall

******

smoke tendrils
curling past my face
his long hair

******

moving in rhythm
lost in the rhythm
we are the rhythm


These were written as separate haiku, but they refer to the same occasion and could be read as one poem.

I am submitting them, on 22 Feb. 2015, to Poets United's Poetry Pantry #240


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful sensuality in these haiku, Rosemary. I especially like the third haiku, and I am lost in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these haiku, Rosemary, the sensuality I can feel as well as the love that transpires from your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picture flickering flames, firelight, shadows....and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these.. They are indeed separate but so beautiful.. Especially the middle one spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely set full of love...love the images of lantern, shadows and smoke...Beautiful Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We are the rhythm"
    A beautiful song of oneness and togetherness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very sensous, i particurlarly luv the last one
    have a nice Sunday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. sensual but with grace and artistry. the last one is a big exclamation point of love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful moment...which flows and moves...like bodies in love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this depicts the here and now so wonderfully

    gracias

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the shadows cast by lovers..

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha. we are the rhythm...become the rhythm....love the sense-ual touches throughout....

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, sensual.
    showing without telling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Although subjective, and sensually so, one's objective flickers with the personal, in light of your images. The first haiku is particularly lovely.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rosemary,

    Almost an intrusion into a very private moment, in verse. So peaceful and emotional..

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very much private moments as the shadows mentioned in the first.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much emotion in so few words - beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  18. Theater of shadows gets the main role ...wow, so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you all liked them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh. These sensations will linger with me now that your poem has set them moving again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.