I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world,
to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')


These poems are works in progress, and may be subject to revision without notice. Completed versions appear in my books. Nevertheless copyright applies to all texts found here.

5 December 2008

The poem of the dress



This recent photo is getting me so many compliments, I decided to revisit a poem I wrote about it in 2007. (On that occasion I was wearing it without the matching trousers.)

Summer dress

My cherry-red drapes me loosely,
floats when I move, dances with me.
Deep armholes show flashes of skin,
my underwear is "nude".

The slit front and scalloped sides
free my winter-white legs.
They stick right out in the sun,
they jig and twist and stride.


20/9/07

4 comments:

  1. draping fabric is lovely. I have an orange and grey long blouse variant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's so flattering and comfortable. :)

    You colour scheme sounds gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, thank you dear! Glad to have shared the joyous feeling.

    ReplyDelete