I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

3 November 2009

Fresh raspberries: haiku for October 2009

2/10/09

fresh raspberries
the taste and texture
of my childhood


3/10/09

on the train track
stems, leaves and berries
rain-washed


9/10/09

sudden lilies bloom
in my afternoon garden
unseen this morning

****************

Photo of Kerouac

hugging his cat
how domestic he looks
this road poet

**************

Melbourne rain
going cold to my bones
recollected


14/10/09

abandon yourself
it’s all in the letting go
freedom and passion

*****************

sprawling on the bed
my cat is relaxed in sleep:
utter abandon


23/10/09

I carry with me
as mirror and barrier
her faraway gaze


30/10/09

across rainy dark
the whispers of the ocean
sound right in my house


31/10/09

tonight cicadas
and the smell of coming rain
heat builds to pressure

tomorrow morning
a renewal of sunlight
the blessing of trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.