I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

3 July 2014

A Beginning

Her grandmother, my friend,
brings her to meet a witch.
She is shy at first but soon thaws.

“I want you to accept your gift,”
the grandmother says. I can see
the girl already does. Unlike

we older women, who struggled,
wondered if we were crazy,
had to hide until we grew tough.

This one’s 13, dances with it,
not afraid. And not a witch
so much as a psychic medium.

I give her a few tips, anecdotes
and my phone number.
She thanks me.  It seems I helped.

Once I was told, this was my job,
to mentor the “new children” coming.
They enter their teens. I begin.


2 comments:

  1. Once I was told, this was my job,
    to mentor the “new children” coming.
    They enter their teens. I begin

    Hopefully they learn fast. There are lots to learn to be adept. Nicely Rosemary!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably I am not the only one with that job. (Smiles.) The Universe will send my way those who can learn from me.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.